Wednesday, June 19, 2013

70's!

Happy Wednesday! 

I wanted to share a few exciting things going on in our lives right now... We are officially past the 70% mark of deployment... Which is pretty exciting! There's about 2 1/2 months left of this and then our little family is back together!!! 

My husband sent this pic the other day ... He looks so handsome!! 


Let me tell you the top 6 things that I think are helpful to get through a deployment. 

1. FaceTime. We are able to FaceTime once sometimes twice a day (assuming he's not out on a mission). Our communication has been amazing and I'm so thankful for technology! 

2. Have a goal and stay busy!! My goal was to lose weight... Make a goal and work towards it! Learn to sew, lose weight, learn to be crafty, learn to kayak... Whatever your goal is... Have it! 

3. Don't listen to other spouses. If something works for you, great. It's not for everyone. And if something has happened, you'll hear about it from chain of command... Not anyone else. Don't live through deployments feeling stressed. You'll freak yourself out.

4. Don't ever hang up the phone/Skype/FaceTime angry. The Internet might go down for 4 days and you'll have a sick feeling until you get to speak with your other half. I learned this one the hard way.

5. Ignore the people who tell you to pretend like everything is fine and dandy at home. If you are stressed, talk to your husband. He needs to know you are human. Life is still happening while he is deployed... Be open and honest with him. He is and should always be your rock. I tried to be too strong at first and it ate me up! The second I talk to Andy when I'm worked up about something, I feel loads lifted off! 

6. Don't look at the countdown for the first few weeks. Time will drag. And then the next thing you know it will be 1/4 into it and it will get a little easier and go a little faster. You will get into a routine and be able to look weeks ahead instead of just hours. You will get to enjoy the days instead of just trying to get through them. 

Deployments suck. It sucks being away from the person you love the most... But good can come from them. Of course I miss Andy like crazy... But he's been promoted, able to re-sign, moved up, I've lost weight, we are almost debt free, and our relationship is stronger because we appreciate each other more. And that beautiful day in September... We will both forget about the nights we cried ourselves to sleep because that night, we will be together again! 


My other exciting news.... I'm down 70lbs. ;)


Oh happy day! 


3 comments:

  1. What the heck girl!?! So proud of you and so happy you are almost through this deployment. Keep up the great work and positive attitude. It will be here before you know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, so proud of you! For both being so strong while Andy's been away and for losing an amazing amount of weight - SO awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there! Found your blog from Jess @ the Newly! Way to go, girl! That's amazing! Excited to be following along! :)

    Amy @ keepin' up with the Smith's

    ReplyDelete