Hey everyone!! (or just Andy, Jessica and my mom because I think you two are the only ones who read this....) happy Wednesday!! Guess what tomorrow is.... VACATION FOR MOI!!! I'm going to Idaho to visit friends and family for 8 wonderful days and I'm so excited!!! I've been waiting for this day since I booked my ticket a few months ago!
Jessica from The Newly has tagged me in an Adult ABC's ... so I figured this would be a perfect pre-vacation post! ;)
Here we go!
A: Attached or single? attached! Married for 2 1/2 years (and can't wait for 60 more!)
B: Best friend: hands down, Andy. I love him more than life itself!
C: Cake or pie: Can I pick banana pudding?? I don't love cake or pie.... but banana pudding and I go way back! (it's my "birthday cake")
D: Day of choice: Saturday. I get to spend my mornings with Jackson hanging out running errands, going to the farmers market, socializing at the gym. We have fun. :)
E: Essential item: I'm going with you Jess, chapstick! I never leave home without it!
F: Favorite Color: Pink! So bright and happy.
G: Gummy bears or worms: worms
H: Hometown: born in San Diego, CA .... raised all over.
I: Favorite Indulgence: ice-cream... or dark chocolate almonds.
J: January or July: July... I'll take the heat, just give me a pool!
K: Kids: not yet... unless you count our 60 lb bundle of energy, Daisy. Someday (hopefully within the next year) we will get to make that fun announcement! ;)
L: Life isn't complete without: My Andy. And this deployment has proved that over and over to me. Life is empty without him.
M: Marriage Date: February 19, 2011.
N: Number of brothers/sisters: 2 brothers and 1 sister..... 3 brothers in law, 2 sisters in law.
O: Oranges or Apples: Apples please.
P: Phobias: Mice. Spiders. Snakes. Bugs. ewww.
Q: Quotes: "Beneath the make up and behind the smile, I'm just a girl who wishes for the world" Marilyn Monroe.
R: Reasons to smile: Andy, family, friends. Because I woke up to see another day. The glass is half full people!
S: Season of Choice: Spring. Not too hot, not too cold.
T: Tag 5 people: Leslie , Sarah , Laura-Beth, Jennifer, Julee
U: Unknown fact about me: I can wiggle my eyeballs.
V: Vegetable: Favorite? sautéed yellow squash. Most hated: collard greens.
W: Worst Habit: Worrying. I worry too much.
X: Xray or Ultra Sound: Ultrasound.
Y: Your favorite food: Mexican ... no doubt about that, huh babe??
Z: Zodiac Sign: Leo.
Thank you Jess.... that was fun!
Happy hump day everyone!
Wednesday, June 19, 2013
I wanted to share a few exciting things going on in our lives right now... We are officially past the 70% mark of deployment... Which is pretty exciting! There's about 2 1/2 months left of this and then our little family is back together!!!
My husband sent this pic the other day ... He looks so handsome!!
Let me tell you the top 6 things that I think are helpful to get through a deployment.
1. FaceTime. We are able to FaceTime once sometimes twice a day (assuming he's not out on a mission). Our communication has been amazing and I'm so thankful for technology!
2. Have a goal and stay busy!! My goal was to lose weight... Make a goal and work towards it! Learn to sew, lose weight, learn to be crafty, learn to kayak... Whatever your goal is... Have it!
3. Don't listen to other spouses. If something works for you, great. It's not for everyone. And if something has happened, you'll hear about it from chain of command... Not anyone else. Don't live through deployments feeling stressed. You'll freak yourself out.
4. Don't ever hang up the phone/Skype/FaceTime angry. The Internet might go down for 4 days and you'll have a sick feeling until you get to speak with your other half. I learned this one the hard way.
5. Ignore the people who tell you to pretend like everything is fine and dandy at home. If you are stressed, talk to your husband. He needs to know you are human. Life is still happening while he is deployed... Be open and honest with him. He is and should always be your rock. I tried to be too strong at first and it ate me up! The second I talk to Andy when I'm worked up about something, I feel loads lifted off!
6. Don't look at the countdown for the first few weeks. Time will drag. And then the next thing you know it will be 1/4 into it and it will get a little easier and go a little faster. You will get into a routine and be able to look weeks ahead instead of just hours. You will get to enjoy the days instead of just trying to get through them.
Deployments suck. It sucks being away from the person you love the most... But good can come from them. Of course I miss Andy like crazy... But he's been promoted, able to re-sign, moved up, I've lost weight, we are almost debt free, and our relationship is stronger because we appreciate each other more. And that beautiful day in September... We will both forget about the nights we cried ourselves to sleep because that night, we will be together again!
My other exciting news.... I'm down 70lbs. ;)
Thursday, June 13, 2013
Do you ever have moods where you just feel angry and don't know why? I felt that a little today and I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong with me... And the worst part is I treated the person I love the most... The worst. Hate myself for it. We hung up from FaceTime and I immediately felt awful but in the 5 seconds it took me to call back Andy had already turned off his computer. So here I am, stuck with my guilt and feeling awful for how I treated him. I am thankful he loves me even when I'm grumpy and moody. Poor guy puts up with me no matter what.
I had a good talk with my sister in law about it and after that I felt better. Still need to apologize over FaceTime to Andy, but I was able to figure out why i was so grumpy.
My life, even tho I don't have a set desk job is go go go. And that's what I prefer! It helps make this deployment go fast, it kees me busy, and focuses ... But sometimes I just need to take a moment to slow down and appreciate the little things! And you know what the funniest part of it all is.... We were in a tornado watch with NO power all afternoon. Like, almost 5 hours!!! Is that God saying "slow down Randi" or what?! Jackson, Daisy and I sat in the basement and played for a good 30 minutes during the tornado (all is well... Don't worry), and then all afternoon we just made tents, played, read books and just enjoyed life. It was wonderful. Especially because 2 months from today I will be in a packed car driving back to Georgia... I cherish these moments with my brother, sister in law and nephew because they are coming to an end soon. Bitter sweet.
Anyways.... Enough beating myself up for the day... Here is our exciting news!
We got the neighborhood we wanted back at on post housing in Georgia AND its downstairs!!!! First floor folks. Daisy will have a little yard and I might even plant a garden! The possibilities are endless...
Here are some pictures of our not too exciting but super busy life! ;)
I dead lifted 200 lbs. finally.
Dancing in the rain!
Breakfast date with this ham at Cracker Barrell
Daisy is loving all the rain. I, however am not. Well... I love the rain but I don't love bathing her constantly! She just loves a good mud pile tho, so I let her go.
Waiting out the tornado in the basement.
Chats with my little brother always make me smile. Keep him in your prayers if you will... He deployed as well.
As if he wasn't amazing enough, I saw he posted this on some Facebook site.
I'm a lucky lady, even when I'm grumpy he still loves me.
Happy Friday eve everyone!
Sunday, June 2, 2013
Ok, I think I've found my perfect relaxing living room! And this couch is at a store in our little town in Georgia!! Jut have to find out the price ;)
(Minus the pillows and rug). There's a spot for all 3 of us to lay! (Only if the blanket is out for daisy) ;)