Wednesday, February 13, 2013

All the single ladies!

Sing it with me, Beyonce style .... "all the single ladies... all the single ladies".....
 
My heart is aching right now for all you single ladies who don't have your special Valentine and feel lonely this week, tomorrow, or really just anytime for that matter.
 
I was once in your shoes.
 
3 years ago to be exact... (and all the years before that)... I was single, no valentine on February 14th or even anytime... and I HATED Valentines day! Hated it, Hated it, Hated it! (get the point??) ... I even wore black to work a few times. Then I got over my lonely self and found a cute pair of Valentines scrubs that I would bring out once or twice a year.
 
Anyways... I feel you. I have been there more times than I can count. You feel alone. Your married/dating friends have some elaborate plans.... everyone is receiving flowers... or chocolates... or even teddy bears! Lonely is such an awful feeling. You may even feel like you aren't good enough to have a Valentine... if so... STOP IT! Stop it right now and go look in a mirror and tell yourself that you are beautiful, you are amazing and you have so much to offer that the right man is just still being worked on for you.
 
Your Valentine will come. And once you begin to love yourself and really believe you are that amazing... it will all just work out. I'm living proof.
 
Valentines day 2010 - alone.
Valentines day 2011 - getting married 5 days later.
 
And let me tell you.... He was/is more than worth the wait.
 
And... If it makes you feel better... I'll be alone on Valentines day this year too... ha ha! But really this time, I don't care. We'll make up for all the time missed in September!
 
So... .onto a photo dump because I've been a bad blogger busy for the last few weeks!
 
 
Saw this for a bumper sticker. Need it ASAP!

 
Word.
 
I've been trying to get Jackson to say "Aunt Randi" or "Uncle Andy" for 2 months now... and last night we Skyped with my little brother Nate and I asked Jackson after we hung up who that was and he said "Neigh Neigh".... yes, it is Uncle Neigh Neigh.
 
 Little stinker.
I remember when Nate was Jacksons age! :(
 
Jack and I have been playing catch up around the house... laundry, cleaning, making Valentines... I had the piles nicely sorted and he says "oh no!" and I look over and see this. Love this little guy so so much!!! He's constantly making me laugh (and keeping me on my toes!)
 
 
I'm in LOVE with this dress for Andy's homecoming!!! I'm down 24 pounds and I'd like to lose at least (if not more) 70 so I can look smokin' hot in this ;)
 
Progress!


November 29th-ish... last week. I think I'll always have chubby cheeks (have since I was a baby) but hello jaw-line! Welcome back!
 
And last but not least....
 
To my forever Valentine ~ I wish you could be here to tell you this in person, but I am so thankful for you! You have made my world a better place just by being you! I fall more and more in love with you every day and I can't wait for you to be home and back in the same zip code again! This deployment sucks but it's molding both of us into better people for each other. All of my lonely days and nights will be worth it that second I run into your arms! You were worth waiting for all those years, and I'm thankful God had a plan for us. Thank you for loving me with all that is in you, and for being the most amazing husband and the perfect man for me! I love you more than life itself and am so proud of you and blessed to call you husband.
 
~ your sweetheart

February 18, 2011 --- the day before I became his Mrs.

4 comments:

  1. This post is so sweet. You look great Randi - you will definitely be able to rock the smoking hot dress for your hubby's return in just a few months! I know that Andy will be missing you just as terribly as you are missing him this Valentine's Day. Wishing you both a very happy (and safe) day - one day closer to being together again!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the weight loss!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post! :) Definitely is true to me and all of the girls that don't feel worthy on this holiday. I'm so sorry you have to be away from your man this year, but I hope time is flying by for you!! Congrats on the weight loss :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad to see a post from you :) I hope you are feeling capable and energized :) you look great and I love the dress! It's nice to think about homecoming. Hope you have a good VDay. I'll send positive thoughts your way as I enjoy my cup of tea and biscotti treat!

    ReplyDelete