Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Challenge yourself...

Never in my life did I think I would be able to do 100 squats. Much less after 100 pullups, 100 pushups and 100 situps. I'm just not that type. Well... friends, think again! I am loving Crossfit... and today's workout was INTENSE but a huge challenge and rather than telling myself I couldn't do it, I went to the class with all the young athletic people who know what they are doing and I nailed it! I only made it to 75 pushups but for someone who's only been doing this for 3 weeks, I was proud of myself! I put a picture of the workout below so you can see what it entailed. I was beat red and dripping sweat but I accomplished it without passing out! :)

The times without Andy are hard... when I lay down at night I just wish I could be in his arms talking about our days... but Andy has the honor of serving his country and I have the honor to be his wife... and it's just part of the job. Sure there are times when I hate it more than others... but I'm so proud of what he is doing, and the opportunity I have here in Maryland is priceless! I'm learning how to eat clean, I'm learning how to take care of a 2 year old so I'll have some knowledge when we have our own babies, and I'm learning crossfit! Crossfit was for athletic people, not people like me... not overweight people... but that is so wrong!! Anyone can take care of themselves... you don't have to be a certain type of person to be healthy! I'm losing weight the hard way.. I'm pushing myself in ways I never knew how... I hurt in places I didn't even know existed... and I LOVE it! I can't wait to pick up Andy on homecoming day and be 50, 60, or 70 pounds lighter! I can't wait to be able to walk around our home in cute lingerie from Victorias Secret (sorry TMI), and I can't wait to have babies with him!

Andy has never ever made me feel less than beautiful. He would love me if I was a size 4 or size 24 (and he has!)... but I want to be healthy for him, for our future children and grandchildren! And I'm on the right path... I could not have done this without the help of my amazing sister in law Jade tho... she gave me all the right tools and I ran with it! (literally, haha!)

I challenge you today... do something you never thought you could do. Don't limit yourself. and don't be like me... don't let your weight get in the way. Get out there and get it done!

No comments:

Post a Comment