Thursday, December 6, 2012

Lack of Christmas Spirit...

Well... I have been slacking in the blog area. I'm not going to lie, we have been SUPER busy but also blogging on an iPad isn't super easy... I might have to go buy a keyboard for it ... maybe that would help?

























I can't believe Christmas is in 19 days. Honestly, it could be July and I wouldn't even know it. I am so pre-occupied with moving, packing, Andy and our life right now that I have not even purchased one Christmas gift, and to be quite honest.... I probably won't.



I hate that I just can't get into the Christmas spirit... but it's just hard right now. I can't explain it, but the feelings right now are just something I've never felt before. I don't really care what is going on around me... I just want this time apart to be quick. My Andy is my best friend... he knows me better than anyone else and I just ache at the thought of not seeing him for 9 months.

I am not meaning for this to be a "woe is me" post... I just want to document how I'm feeling and let other Military wives know it's ok to be sad. "D-Day" is upon us and with this being our first deployment I'm just not sure what to expect. I'm scared. No, I'm terrified.... but I know that God has a plan in all of this and He will provide! He already has so much!!


This is our life right now... boxes all over the house :) But hey, we are almost there! Tomorrow housing comes for the pre-inspection and Sunday we move everything to our storage unit and then the final inspection from housing is on Wednesday.



Thoughts and prayers are appreciated... I haven't been feeling the greatest the last few days (flu bug and allergy issues) so I am just hoping to get through the weekend with good health! I'm going to take it easy tomorrow since we are pretty much done. Saturday, Andy and I are going to my old job's Christmas party on a riverboat and I'm super excited! We've always wanted to do this and now we have a chance. It's a night to get dressed up and not think about the deployment, moving or anything to do with the Army :) 

I hope you are all doing well, and if you don't hear from me in the next week or so... it's ok. Just say a prayer of safety for my soldier.... It would make my heart happy! 




5 comments:

  1. Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you guys! Enjoy the Christmas party - you two deserve a fun holiday date night:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how you feel! That was us 4 years ago. I was just bummed out and wanted to move time forward just so Mj would be back. The holidays are hard when the husband is gone. Next Christmas will be so much better. Just get through this one. A keyboard will definitely help with blogging on an ipad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aching for you and hate so much that you have to go through this. Praying for you Randi, you are strong and will make it through it. Praying for comfort and safety all around and that the time will pass quickly for you to re-unite with him before you know it. God bless you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. For me, it's been harder to get into the Christmas spirit this year due to the weather being waaaaay too warm. I want cold and snow!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You know I understand your situation! I promise that as long as you stay busy the time will fly by! Well, until the last month. Then it comes to a halt. Download free text apps, so that he can text you when he can't go on Skype, try to talk twice a day, and find things to do together. There is a site called "Long Distance Loving" that has about 100 things for LD couples to do together. The important part is making sure you two stay connected. We did and now I feel like we have brought our relationship to a whole 'nother lever. I promise, I look back on this deployment and am actually thankful for it. It showed me how strong our relationship really is, and how much stronger I am than I thought!

    ReplyDelete