Thursday, November 15, 2012

Update... { deployment & our next chapter }

And so it begins.... 


My soldier got his gear for deployment (ignore the wrong picture of the flag, the deployment one is black and white... my bad). His orders should be coming either today or tomorrow, block leave starts Saturday and when we come back from vacation he'll have about 2 weeks and then he's off. 

I can't put into words what I'm feeling. I'm excited for him to further his career, and I know it's what he signed up for when he joined... but to think about him not being next to me for almost 10 months straight breaks my heart. There will be a gap in my iPhone of where pictures of him should be, I can't say to Daisy "where's daddy?" for almost an entire year, I can't squeeze his hand when a charlie horse cramp happens in my leg, there will be no spur of the moment date nights... but it is what it is. His job is to serve our country, and I will back him up 110%.

This is our first deployment so I'm still not sure what to expect.... I know I've said it a million times but I am SO thankful to be able to go to Maryland and stay with my brother and sister in law who have been through this phase of Military life.

Thankful Day 15: I'm thankful for my husband and all those that serve and the families who support them.

A few people have asked me if I will keep blogging, and the answer is absolutely yes!! I want Andy to be able to log in and see pictures of Daisy and myself and see how life in Maryland is going... I want our friends and family and my sweet blog friends to keep up with our next adventure. It might not be every day... but I'll blog as often as I can. Be prepared to see pictures of Jackson (our nephew) and Daisy! ha ha.

My two loves just hanging out... Andy playing a game on his phone and Daisy having her evening chew session with the chew bone. I love them so much.


Andy made me breakfast in bed yesterday morning and Daisy was waiting for me to finish so I could put a few bites into her bowl. Creature of habit. 

Remember this post about the necklace I found on ETSY? It's in! And I'm wearing it proudly! :)


Stay tuned for tomorrow's Confession Friday...
I'm going to have some what to do and what not to do's when it comes to the spouse of a deploying soldier...

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're going to continue blogging! I would miss you if you stopped! I will def be keeping up with you to see how the deployment goes. One day, it will be me - so I want to learn as much as I can! And, I LOVE that necklace - adorable. Even cuter in person than the pic you showed when you ordered it. Do you know if they make an Air Force version?

    ReplyDelete