Thursday, November 1, 2012

Our life as we know it.


Well... it's official.
My handsome husband will be on his way to Afghanistan in December.
How am I feeling? My heart is breaking. I feel like someone is turning our happy little world upside down... but I know this is the life we signed up for and I'm so proud of Andy for his desire to serve our country.



3 weeks from today we will be on our way home to see our families before he leaves. My grandma, mom and dad put their Southwest miles together to purchase our tickets!!! We are SO SO SO blessed and both Andy and I were on the verge of tears when they told us they were taking care of our trip. I love my family so much and am continually blown away by their generosity.


So my last day at my job will be the Wednesday before Thanksgiving. It's going to be so weird... as much that place sometimes drives me crazy... I LOVE my coworkers and will miss them so much! I have made some good friends working here, but I know we'll stay in touch.

We are going to start packing up this weekend so we aren't bombarded with it all after our vacation, and then once we get back from Idaho we will slowly start moving things into storage and get our apartment cleaned and turn in the keys around the time Andy deploys. I hate the thought of not waking up next to him for 9 months straight, or not having the opportunity to text him when I'm having a rough day, and I know I will ache for just a hug... but we will get through it and become stronger because of it. I already am appreciating him more than I did 3 weeks ago, just because I know that too soon I will be without him for a short time. He is my rock. My better half. The man that makes me whole.


Once I put Andy on the plane for deployment, I will load this sweet girl in the car and we will be on our way to Maryland for 9 months.

I'm so thankful for my brother, sister in law and nephew to take us in, put me to work and keep me distracted during the time Andy is gone. They have been through this too many times and know the ins and outs of deployments. And I'm certain little Jack will brighten my days!

September of 2013 will be an amazing month!
It will be so hard to send Andy off, but I know the reunion will be amazing!!
Can I ask a few things?
Prayer for his safety.
Prayer for our last month together ... there's SO much to do and so much to stress about, but I don't want to spend the time in stress mode... I need to enjoy my man!!
Prayer for the time to go quickly.
Prayer for Daisy to be on her best behavior while we are at my brothers house.

Thank you sweet friends and family.... thank you from the bottom of my heart.

6 comments:

  1. Well, at least now you know for sure and can plan for it. I'm sorry to hear that he has to go, even though we both know it's part of the military life. But, I think it's wonderful that you are going to be with family during the time that Andy is gone - no better place to be than surrounded by loved ones! Be strong Randi, and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy your month with him before he goes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Randi, you will stay in my prayers... Aching for you and praying it all goes as best it can. I hope you have an amazing month with your hubby and I think it's a good choice to start preparing now so you don't have to really stress at the end. Enjoy him. Love and prayers, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your post just made me tear up a little bit!!! I know your heart is breaking but from what it sounds like you have an amazing family and support system you can lean on while Andy is gone! You're in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry! I know it's going to be hard but with the support of your family you will get through it. It made me so mad when my husband had to go and especially at the holidays. I'd think-don't they know it's Christmas? Sigh. Hang in there! The Army can take your husband away for the holidays BUT they cannot stop time. HE will be back. That's what I told myself and it helped a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh girl, I'm sorry to hear the news. I am glad you have a plan to be with family during his deployment. And you always have the support of other bloggers going through deployment with you :)

    ReplyDelete