Monday, November 19, 2012

Orders are in { weekend update }

Happy Monday! It's my last dreaded Monday for a while! It's not that I dread Monday, I don't mind coming in to work... I just hate that alarm clock after not having it for two days.

We had a extremely lazy weekend.... Friday night I went and saw Twilight with some friends and their husbands.. Andy was on his way and then they call him back to work (sad!) so he didn't make it. And then to find out that they only needed him for about 10 minutes (this was at 6:20 at night!) ugh, Army. It was a good movie but I had a hard time concetrating because I missed him, so we might just have to go see it again. Saturday we slept in a little bit, cleaned the house, ran errands and had breakfast at the Waffle House then went and got pedicures. I love those kinds of outings :) Sunday I was up early with miss Daisy so I took a 2 1/2 hour nap that afternoon and we didn't even change out of our pajamas.
It was wonderful!

Andy is getting his orders today...

and we leave for Idaho on Thursday!

It's going to be an interesting few weeks... my last day at work is Wednesday and then we'll be opening up the next chapter of life. I'm enjoying these little moment I have with Andy while I can... I know the days ahead are going to be busy.

This little one was very attached to Andy this weekend. I know it sounds silly, but I have a feeling she knows what's going on. She saw me crying pretty hard Saturday morning, and she did exactly what she is suppose to do... cuddle with momma!

There are moments that I break down in tears because I'm scared. I fear the day I have to tell Andy "see you in 9 months"... and I long for the days when the deployment is behind us.
It's the life we live, but it doesn't get easier.

I hope your Monday is a good one, mine will be because at the end of the day I get to go hug and kiss my husband! There's no sweeter thing.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Randi, I wish, wish, wish there was something I could say that would make you feel better. But I know there's not. Being without Andy for 9 months is going to be hard - no way around it:( But, you are strong, you have a great support system and you can do it!!! And Daisy will definitely help:) I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving. Enjoy every second of your time with Andy and your family this week!

    ReplyDelete