Monday, October 8, 2012

The Turner's

It's amazing how close you feel to people just by reading their blog's, following them on Instagram, or simply by tweeting with them. You have never met these people, yet you feel like they are a close friend you've known for so long. 

When I started blogging a few years ago, I started out on Kelly's blog and read through her life and the obstacles she faced... then through her I found many other women who were just normal people, putting their lives out there and letting people know that even tho they look like the picture perfect family... they too have struggles that they face. I found Julee along the way, and felt I could relate to her. She was a 20 something wife who loves doing hair and obsessed with her little dog Romeo. Her and her husband Matt longed to have a baby, and after many struggles they gave birth to baby Preslee in November of last year.

Saturday night, Julee's husband Matt was killed in a car accident. You can read more about it here and go to Kelly's blog to find out how you can help. 

I have never met Julee, Matt or Preslee... yet after reading about their lives for years, I feel like I have known them forever. I cannot imagine losing the love of your life and father of your 10 month old baby at such a young age. I cannot imagine the thoughts that are going through her mind, and I cannot imagine being a single mother so young. I can relate to losing a father, and it's a feeling that Preslee will never be able to explain, but will always wonder why.


(copied from Julee's blog)

Why did this happen to such a young and beautiful family? I don't know, but I do know that the Lord works in mysterious ways, and I can promise you that Matt is dancing in the streets of heaven.

Please pray for Julee, Preslee and all of their family and friends who are suffering such a loss with them. The blogging community is reaching out, and if you would like to know how to help, click on Kelly or  Sarah's blog link and it will direct you to others.


Baby Preslee and her daddy Matt.

Go hug your loved ones, you never know if it will be your last.

1 comment:

  1. This story has just broken my heart. I never followed Julee's blog, but saw a post about Matt's death early this morning from Kelly. I was in tears at my desk. Followed by fervent prayers for this sweet mom and her precious baby. We can't always know why things happen the way that they do, but I will be in continued prayer that God brings peace to Julee and her family. Thanks for sharing this Randi!

    ReplyDelete