Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Thankful.

First off.... Thank you to Laura Beth for joining in on my first link up!! I know it was totally last minute so I didn't really expect anyone to link up... but she did! Go check out her post on makeup and her blog! 

I was going to link up for "What I'm Loving Wednesday".... but I just have SO MUCH on my mind and I just need one of those posts that I can dump it all out...  you know what I mean?

We still don't have official orders on Andy's deployment, but on Tuesday I am going to a mandatory spouse pre-deployment fair, his name is on the list, he's been doing "deployment classes" and he is getting all the shots needed to go over-seas... so in my heart I know he's going, but I just wish we had some darn orders!

Our family has been amazing through all of this... I just want to share a little how much they are stepping up and helping Andy and I through this...

* My sister in law and brother (JD, Jade and Jackson) are allowing Daisy and I to come live with them for 9 months. They are going to have me run the children area at their gym they are opening in Maryland, they are going to let me nanny Jackson, live in their basement, bring my sweet fur baby and work with me on Paleo and Crossfit.
This little cutie is going to get me through some rough days while Andy's gone.

* My grandma is giving me her Southwest miles so that Andy and I only have to pay for 1 ticket to come home before he deploys.

* My other sister in law and brother in law (Liz and Pat) told us if we needed to we could put our tickets on their Southwest card so we don't have to worry about that.

* My dad is coming out to drive Daisy and I and some of our stuff up to Maryland so I don't have to figure out how to do it all on my own.

This face will be my rock for the next 11 months.

I knew from the start we are blessed with our amazing families, but the love is just pouring out through all of this and I can't thank them enough!! At the beginning of the week I was feeling so stressed, but after lots of prayer it's just all coming together perfectly.

I was kind of worrying about my job situation, and wanted to work as much as possible so we could have the two incomes since we will have expenses coming up... but then I found tickets at a lower price, my grandma is giving us miles and we will have to pay less than $600.00 to go home so I'm able to take time off and spend with my sweet husband before he leaves. Now... if we could just get some orders so we can book all of this stuff!

I'm not going to lie, It's going to be rough. Andy is my best friend, my soul mate, the one who I can always talk to about anything, my rock, the love of my life... and I'm going to miss him so much .... as will sweet Daisy. She's SUCH a daddy's girl.... but this is our life!

SO... on that note. Thank you to my sweet readers for your encouraging words, prayers and thoughts for our family as we are in this waiting period. I'll be sure to keep you posted on what our future looks like. With the Army it's always all about "hurry up and wait"....

*********************************************************************************
On the Paleo side of life.... this was dinner last night:

Salmon, steak, roasted orange pepper with onion, and mashed cauliflower.

It was pretty good, although I cooked the steak a little too long... but I'm slowly getting there. Through all this I've wanted to eat my "comfort foods" but I'm refraining... it's tough but I can't turn to food anymore. It's not worth it!


Happy hump day! We are almost there....

5 comments:

  1. Your family is amazing! I am so glad to hear that they are all pulling together for you and Andy while he is deployed. I will be thinking about you guys - I know that this time will be stressful and hard on you. Enjoy the time you have together before he leaves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, I hate to comment again, but I couldn't figure out how to respond to the comment you left yesterday about the corn maze...B's uncle, aunt and cousins live in Savannah and came up to McDonough for the weekend. We visited a cute little farm called Southern Bell Farms in Henry County. So we weren't in Savannah - I would totally have given you a heads up if we were going to be in the Savannah area!!! I do know that B's uncle and his wife (the ones who live in Savannah) visited Poppell Farms which isn't far from Savannah. They had fun, so maybe you and Andy could go there! Here's the link if you want to check it out: http://www.poppellfarms.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, this post made me smile! Your family rocks!! Such a blessing!! Continuing to pray for you & Andy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much love in your family! That's great. Sounds like they are going to be right there for you as you go through this tough time. It SUCKS! It really does, but you two will be stronger for it.

    ReplyDelete