Saturday, October 13, 2012

Goal.

I have set many goals in my life. Some I've conquered and some I've failed.
The one goal I've struggled with all my life is weight loss. I've never been a size two nor will I probably ever be a size two... and that's ok. I just want to feel beautiful in my own skin.
I don't want to dread shopping for clothes because I'm scared if I've gone up a size, or if the size I think I am will even make it over my thighs...  I don't want to constantly worry about if I'm going to have to crop a picture that I take because it might not be flattering, I want to be in front of the camera and feel ok about it rather than always being the one who takes the picture to avoid embarrassment. I want to feel pretty and not constantly ask for reassurance from my husband.

So... where am I going with this? I'm not asking for sympathy... I'm twenty eight years old and I know that this is just something I need to do for myself. I want to have babies, but before I have babies I want to be as healthy as I can be for them... I want to look good for my husband, I want to be able to chase my kids around the yard and run up a few flights of stairs without feeling like I might pass out... I just want to take care of this body that God has given me!

Do I sound vain? That's not my intent... but that might be what I need. People always used to tell me I had such a beautiful heart... and I am thankful for that. But honestly, I want to FEEL beautiful, inside and out. All of my brothers and sisters are gorgeous! They look like they could be models... I want to feel that too... because right now, I don't.


I am thankful for this life that I've been given... now it's time to take care of myself so I can keep on living it!

SO.... the purpose of this post. I'm starting Paleo on Monday. It's worked for lots of people and I'm bound and determined that it will work for me. It's going to be heard, but I need something to jump start my goal. I'm going to be blogging about it each day, it won't be the MAIN purpose of my post... but just to give you a heads up, it will be in there.


Here's my buggy from the store... (yes, I know no dairy on paleo but milk is the only thing that cures my heartburn... so rather than having 1 big glass, I'll have 1 small glass)

Here are a few of my goal pictures.... I've lost 50 lbs before, I know I can do it again.





I think I'll add "get my hair that long again" to my list too....

* I am thankful for my sweet sweet husband!! I know he loves me more than anything!  He is always telling me how beautiful I am, and how I look good no matter what... and I'm so thankful for him. He's the reason I do have a little bit of self esteem left... and he is my biggest supporter! I'm thankful to be his wife! * 

Happy weekend everyone. See you Monday! ;)

2 comments:

  1. You can do it, Ranz!! I have faith in you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are beautiful, inside and out. There is nothing wrong with wanting to improve yourself. Cheering for you!!

    ReplyDelete