Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Vacation & Andy's Birthday!

Hi my blogger friends! I've missed you!

We have had a great time with Andy's sister, her husband and our friend who came out to help us celebrate Andy and visit the South. We've did more in these 4 days then we've done in the year and half than we've been here! Ha! Maybe not, but we sure did a lot!


My sweet husband is now THIRTY!!! His sister did this cute little "Thirty Sucks" bouquet.... get it??
Thursday we went to Tybee Island and had lunch and walked around then went to an amazing soul food restaurant! If you are ever in the area, let me know. You've got to make a stop! :) 
See the baby alligators?? freaky!

:)

Friday we went on a Savannah Trolley tour downtown and just hung out and enjoyed the weather. Ha ha, who am I kidding... it was H. O. T. but we had fun anyways!

There is a cathedral downtown that is just gorgeous!

A few of Andy and I :)

Saturday was Andy's actual birthday and we started off with a bang! My brother in law made an amazing breakfast then we all got ready and headed to Savannah to check in to the hotel. It was beautiful out and we had a fun time just hanging out, getting ready and enjoying each others company. We went to dinner at "Vic's on the River" and it was AMAZING!!! We will definitely be going back!

Top left is calamari with feta cheese on the top... top right is the "wedge salad" with their house dressing (delicious), bottom left was my pasta with chicken and peas, bottom middle was Andy's mashed potatoes, meatloaf onion rings and green beans, and bottom right was Andy's complimentary birthday cheesecake. Such a delicious meal if you are ever in the area!



Then we went out for a night on the town!

My sweet birthday boy rode the bull! :)

Kisses from the "ol' man!" just kidding love ;)


He's my better half.


Andy sister Liz and her hubby Pat.


Having a fun time out!


All of us at dinner!


More pictures of the birthday boy and I!


I think Andy had a really good time and we were so thankful for the friends and family that came out to celebrate him. He's pretty amazing and I'm so thankful to have him as my husband!! I love you babe!

We have a lot going on right now... so if I'm absent from blogging it's not because I want to be... it's just chaotic. :( I'll fill you in later! I'm definitely reading your blogs tho! So keep writing!!

2 comments:

  1. I love the 30 sucks idea! Too bad it's too late for me to do it for my husband but I think it would be fun for 40. Heck, I'll buy the darn things for myself! I saw Tybee Island on an episode of house hunters. Looks gorgeous. And that Cathedral...seems like you normally don't see architecture like that in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like Andy had a great birthday weekend! And he doesn't look 30 at all:) So glad that you got to enjoy some time with family and friends after a rough couple of days last week. I've never been to Tybee but your pictures are making me want to visit!

    ReplyDelete