Monday, September 10, 2012

Happy Monday!

Monday's always seem to come too soon... and instead of saying how much I don't want it to be Monday, I thought I'd share some things that make me thankful to wake up another day.... even if it's on a Monday.


A dog that adores her daddy so much that she waits by the window knowing he'll be there any minute...

A family that believes that fighting for this country is their duty and honor.

A brother (and husband, sister in law, father, brothers) who commits their lives to something that will better the lives of those he doesn't even know.
2 precious kids who have grown up to be such amazing adults.

Freedom to say what we feel, think or believe...



a sister in law who sends me pictures of this sweet boy when I'm having a rough day.
The simple fact that my rings are back on my finger where they belong.

Our dog who is AMAZING with kids even tho she's not around them too often.

A husband who is so wonderful with kids (and dogs)

but most of all the fact that I get to spend the rest of my life with this handsome man!!

On a side note.... we found out on Friday that my hubby will be going to a month long training from October to November... please say a little prayer and send happy thoughts for Daisy and I while we learn how to cope without Andy. I had a little sobbing moment on Friday when it hit me that he will be gone... we are blessed to have not had to go through a deployment yet but with him in the Army we know it will come eventually. So if I'm not my usual peppy self next month, you'll know why ;) I'm just going to take it day by day.

As much as it's going to suck... I am however, thankful we are both employed and it's our joy to serve this country and we are so thankful for our freedom. ... I feel like I should add a "hooah" or something. :)

4 comments:

  1. Randi, I will be thinking of you while Andy's gone. I had to deal with being alone for 2 weeks last summer while B was on an AF rotation. And five weeks the summer before that while he was at Officer Training. So, I know how hard it is. But, trust me - you guys will get through it and you will be okay. You and I will both have to learn to deal with deployments in the future, but take comfort in knowing that you are not alone! I am so proud of both of our husbands for choosing to serve their country. And your family? Wow! That's a military family to be proud of!!! PS: I just read your comment on my post from earlier. I love Velveeta dip, but was trying to make a healthier alternative. Might just have to stick with the Velveeta though, because it just wasn't as good without it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear he is going to be gone for a month! I will definitely be praying for you, sweet girl!!

    Love all the pictures - you little bro looks so handsome in his dress uniform!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. your ring is amazing!! and it definitely doesn't feel the same when my ring isn't on my finger like i am available to men to date and i hate that feeling because i belong to my husband!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your rings. They are so pretty-I feel naked without mine too. My hubs is gone right now. Only 6 wks but I only say that because last time it was 11. Months. It's one of those things that you never totally get okay about but just learn to deal with.

    ReplyDelete