Monday, August 20, 2012

Weekend fun!

We had a great  weekend! It was slow enough to relax but eventful enough to say we actually did something fun! ha! We like those kinds of weekends :)

Friday night we went to dinner with our friends Todd, Kelly and Emily at our home away from home... our favorite Mexican restaurant that we typically go to every Friday night.... and I just adore our waitor! He's so sweet, knows our order and is just so on top of it! He and Andy speak Spanish to eachother, so it's cute. I just sit there and smile. :)

Saturday we went and saw Expendibles 2 with our friends Mike and Vilma.... I hadn't seen the first one until Friday night, but it was pretty good! We went to this movie theater called "The Big D" and it's HUGE!!!! Andy said the screen had to have been 100 feet by 100 feet, and the seats were comfy leather seats that rocked! I loved it! The popcorn wasn't so amazing, but hey you can't have everything right??

Then after the movie we went to look at some hotels that I want to book for Andy's birthday. I am a visual person and I needed to SEE them! :) Well... we found 2 that we love!!! They are both RIGHT on the river... like literally you take the elevator down and there's River street! It was amazing!!!

We stopped at a place called Wet Willies to have a drink then we walked by a candy shop... well if you know us, you know we LOVE carmel apples... so Andy got one, and I got only 1 bite out of the whole thing!! ha ha! The bridge is  INSANELY huge!

This is the view off one of the hotels! It was amazing! I wish I would have taken a picture on the other side where the river is. Next time!

It was hot and muggy and I look awful, but here we are in front of the river :)

We stopped and had dinner at Five Guys and the french fry potatoes are from Blackfoot! Which is about 2 or 3 hours from where we are from :)

We definitely want to go back soon! Isn't it sad that we've been here since February of 2011 and this is our first time venturing out (on foot) to downtown.

Sunday night I made Puerto Rican food! Rice, beans, pork chops, plantains and avocado! It was DELICIOUS! It's not as good as our friends Melody and Carlos make it... but it was good enough for us to scarf it down! :)

Happy Monday everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Now that is a perfect sounding weekend to me. Glad you all enjoyed :)

    ReplyDelete