Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Get to know your blogger! { link up }

When my husband and I first started dating, we would play the 20 question game.... it was a great way to pass the time that he was in the bus going to AIT and it was a great way to get to know each other even more...

As I read through blogs, I try to picture these peoples day to day lives.... what they eat for breakfast, what they do on their "off blogging" times, what their favorite time of the year is, etc. As we have new people come to check out our blogs, I thought it would be fun to do a little get to know your fellow blogger!

The Rules: There are none, just have fun and give us a little insight on your life! :)

If you want to join in, copy and paste into your post and make sure you tag others that you want to know about.


What is your name?
Who were you named after?
Where are you from?
What is your favorite memory growing up?
How many siblings do you have?
Are you married?
 How did you meet your significant other?
 Do you have any kids?
Do you have any pets?
What is your favorite time of year?
What is one beauty product that you cannot live without?
What is your favorite store to shop at?
If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
Who is your hero?
In 1 word how would your friends describe you?
What's your favorite breakfast food?
What is your dream job?
What's the best job you've ever had?
What is one item you couldn't live without?
What's your favorite color of nail polish?
What would you love to change about your blog?

So.... here we go!! :)


What is your name?
Randi Sue (Dunivant) Rodriguez  --- Dunivant was my maiden name, no I do not hyphenate it :)

Who were you named after?
Randi - my dad's name was Randy, Sue - My mom's name is Susan... and I went by "Randi Sue" until I was 8, then my dad passed away and now I just go by Randi... but my extended family still calls me Randi Sue and secretly I love it.

Where are you from?
I was born in San Diego, California then moved to Phoenix, Arizona (well a little town outside of Phoenix called Buckeye), then to Utah, then to Idaho... I lived in Boise, Idaho for 10 years so that's what I claim.... and for those that have never been to Idaho, put it on your bucket list! It's AMAZING!



Yes... home of the "smurf turf"... and darn proud of it! ;)



What is your favorite memory growing up?
Being in the delivery room when my baby sister (who is now 15 almost 16) came into this world. I witnessed a miracle when that little baby full of chocolate brown hair came out screaming. Her and my little brother Nate have been my little ray of sunshine and I hope that our kids are as amazing as they are!

{ Me, Jack (our nephew) and Hattie }
How many siblings do you have?
I have 2 brothers - JD and Nathan who are 30 and 18, and Hattie who is 15. I also have a step sister who is 28, and a step brother who is 33. And some really great brothers and sisters in law!

Are you married?
Yes! To the most amazing man in the world who is full of unconditional love for me! :)


 How did you meet your significant other?
He is my best friends brother! We were friends for 5 years then Andy (my husband) and I started dating.

 Do you have any kids?
Not yet, but someday soon!

Do you have any pets?
Yes, our very lovable, adorable, full of energy sweet Daisy!


What is your favorite time of year?
Fall, when the leaves change and boots and sweaters come out!


{ fall in Idaho }

What is one beauty product that you cannot live without?
My moisturizer .... if you don't do anything else to your face, make sure you moisturize!
Mine happens to have 25 SPF in it, and it protects my skin so well!

What is your favorite store to shop at?
For home decor - Hands down Hobby Lobby!
For clothes - lately it's become Cato, but it changes frequently....

If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
I don't know if I would. I've often thought about asking why he took my dad away at such a young age, but I know He had a plan and he gave me another daddy who raised me as his own and I wouldn't have changed a thing... he was my first love and never made me doubt that I was his daughter.

Who is your hero?
My mother. Cliche' maybe... but let me tell you why...
My mom lost her husband at 31, she had 2 kids, she had a positive attitude about the whole thing and went on with life... she married her high school sweetheart and had 2 more kids... she raised 2 teenagers and 2 toddlers while my dad was in the Army and not always home (between work and training), and is now about to graduate college! She's pretty amazing if you ask me.
I hope to be half the mom she is.


{ my cute parents }

In 1 word how would your friends describe you?
Caring.

What's your favorite breakfast food?
My husbands eggs and chorizo.

What is your dream job?
A stay at home mommy.

What's the best job you've ever had?
Working for a pediatric physiatrist . Loved it and miss you Dr. Bob!

What is one item you couldn't live without?
My wedding ring. :( and right now the jeweler is fixing it and I'm HATING not having it :(


What's your favorite color of nail polish?

Essie Nail Polish - Fiji


What would you love to change about your blog?
I would LOVE to have more followers and a cuter design.... but for both, I just need to take the time and make it happen! :)

So now here's my problem... I want to make it a link up, but I have no idea how... Will you link up by leaving a comment? and then will someone tell me how to do that?? :)

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! You look a lot like your sweet Momma:) It was super fun getting to know more about you...And realizing that we are SO similar! My husband is military (AF), fall is my fave season too (can't wait to start wearing boots!), I dream of being a SAHM, my wedding ring has been at the jeweler for over a week and I miss it so much it hurts, AND I have that Fiji polish and think it's the most perfect shade of pink ever!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have no idea how to do a link up either but i love this post! i have been looking for the perfect shade of pink nail polish and cant wait to pick up a bottle of fiji!! thanks for the tip

    ReplyDelete