Wednesday, July 11, 2012

East Coast Vacay!

First of all... don't forget that Freedom is not Free....

Thank you to my husband, my dad, my brothers, uncles, cousins, and everyone else who serves in the military to make America a much better and safer place!

Thank you EVERY DAY.

Second of all.... this is FULL of pictures...so don't say I didn't warn you ;)
However some of them didn't flip and rather than getting frustrated and annoyed over it, I figured you could just click on it and view it from there. :)

Andy and I left on July 4th for our 6 day vacation with my family and we had such a fun time! It went by so fast, but we were able to cram alot of stuff into 5 1/2 days. We left on the 4th around 3:30 in the morning (crazy us) and drove the 10 hour drive to Baltimore... let me tell you how AMAZING it was to drive through our Nation's capitol on our Nation's birthday! It gave me chills.... or maybe that was the traffic that we encountered... either way, it was cool! :)

Washington DC that is... not Washington state :)

Look what popped up when we drove over the hill! :)

My favorite part of the car ride :)


My other favorite part of the ride... ha ha!

Everyone needs good music for the long ride! ;)


We were able to make a stop in Fort Lee, Virginia where Andy went to AIT for the Army. It was so cool to see where he spent 3 months of his life while we were dating. He showed me where he lived, the movie theater he went to, the PX he shopped at... and I remembered talking to him on the phone while he was at these places, so it was awesome to see it for myself. Now I can say I've been to all the bases he's been stationed at :)

Fort Lee, Virginia

My parents and sister arrived on the 4th around 11:30 pm, so while we waited on them we went and saw Spiderman.... it was pretty good. We hung out with them for a while and all went to bed so we could wake up SUPER early to go to Six Flags! :) IT. WAS. HOT. Oh man was it hot that day... but we made the most of it and had a fun time! Later that night we went into Baltimore and had dinner at Bubba Gumps and it was so delicious!!! I would definitely eat there again! They asked trivia questions from Forrest Gump and between my dad and my hubby, I think we got them all right. ha!


Six Flags!

My dad and my hubby... good lookin' guys :)

Andy and I on the pier in Baltimore


TIRED sisters!
 (won't flip!)

My cute parents

Twins?? nope... mother & daughter ;)

Friday we went shopping at a big outlet mall on the way to my brother's house... I could have spent ALL day there... but since we wanted to get to Pax River to see my little nephew, we shopped quickly and then were on our way :)

Saturday and Sunday were more relaxed and we just hung out with my brother, sister in law and little Jackson. We had a fun bonding time with Jack... he's absolutely adorable! It made me miss our other nephews so much more!

Sunday night we packed up the car and made the 10 hour drive home... we got home around 6 am Monday and slept for a while... I think I'm still catching up from it! ha!

It was alot of driving, but definitely worth the trip! Hopefully we will get to see JD, Jade and Jack sooner than later :)

Enjoy the pictures!

Jackson Daniel LOVES blueberries!!!

"wassuuuup Auntie??"

My 2 handsome guys!

Jackson with his Aunties and his "Emmy"

He makes me smile.


Hugs for Uncle Andy!
(not sure why the picture wont turn)
Sweet face!

Playing ball with Uncle Andy

I think Jack kinda likes him ;)

Jack with his Aunties

This face will make you do anything!

HORRIBLE picture of me, but Andy looks cute :)


My gorgeous sister!

Being silly  in the hotel

mom and her girls

One of my very best friends


HATED having to say goodbye to this face... :( 

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful trip. Your pic of you all holding hands on the car ride melted my heart! Glad you had such a good time. You all really did do a lot in 5 days!

    ReplyDelete