Friday, May 11, 2012

To My Mom

In honor of Mother's day... here's some little tid bits of advice that my mom gave me that I'll always remember.



"Always wear your sunscreen, you don't want skin cancer or wrinkles"

"Always write thank you notes"

"If you are ever stressed out, pray about it"

"Enjoy your time as husband and wife, you spend the rest of your life raising kids"

"Greet everyone with a smile, you don't know where they come from"

"Make sure whoever you marry has a good relationship with his momma, that's how he'll treat you some day"
(she was right on that one)

"Don't step foot into a tanning bed"

"Make sure you wash your face at night, you don't want pimples"

"Always hang dry your bras. They last longer"

"A speeding ticket is not always a bad thing, I get them too"

"Don't waste time on negative people, they just bring you down and they don't smile enough"

"A good coupon will take you a long way"

***********************************

I smile like my mom.
I bite my lip when I'm dissapointed like my mom.
I have a calm spirit but am pasionate about things like my mom.
I get quiet when I'm mad like my mom.
I use coupons like my mom.
I always wash my face at night and moisturize like my mom.
I'm emotional like my mom.

I find myself saying "oh my gosh, I'm my mother"... and I'm perfectly ok with that. :)

Happy Mother's Day, Mom.
I am blessed to be like you.
XOXO



4 comments:

  1. Awwww Ranz that was sweet! I'm not sure I remember the speeding ticket comment! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of the Mother's Day tributes today! So sweet:)You and your mother are too cute! My mom always told me to wash my face at night too, and now I can't go to sleep without doing that and putting on my moisturizer. Good mamas are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So neat!!! Love the comment on smiling, I don't know that I've ever seen your mom not smiling, and same with you! Great to keep that in perspective, you never do know where people are coming from. Moms are such blessings. Love both you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww... this is cute! Happy Mother's Day to your mommy!

    ReplyDelete