Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Thankful for my Andy!




Today, I'm thankful for my husband.


People always told me the first year of marriage was hard, I believed them... but at the same time I thought to myself that we are so in love that nothing could get in the way... until our first fight as a married couple.
It was a rainy day in April. I was devistated and I had no idea how to handle him...do you remember the day, love? I don't even remember what we fought about, I never do... it's always something so little, and usually is the result of one of us being stubborn. Someone once told me, never go to bed angry. This is a good suggestion, but doesn't always work for us... you see, I was so sleep deprived because I refused to go to bed on an angry note, that I said things that I probably wouldn't have said after I gave it a rest for 8 or so hours... Of course, we made up... we always do and we always will... but we had to find what worked for us.. not everyone else.

What is some advice that you were given that you would love to share with new couples? Or even old couples?? I always welcome advice... I don't always take the advice, but it's always nice to hear.


My piece of advice would be tell your significant other every day how much you appreciate them, and love them. I know that I'm the type who loves to hear it, and Andy knows that... and even when he's upset with me, he still tells me how much he loves me.



My husband is my best friend. He's seen me at my absolute worst and loves me just the same. He knows how to handle me when I've had a rough day at work and just don't want to talk, he knows how to handle me when I'm in the best of moods and will share my excitment with me even if it means him having to fake it! ha!


He's my hero, my angel, my knight in shining armor, and the man who I absolutely adore!


He comforts me like only he knows how, he takes care of me when I'm hurt or when I'm sick, he holds me when I am sad, and wipes away my tears.

He's my everything and I'm so thankful for him... today and everyday!!


 

This is so true... I always wondered why I hadn't found "the one".... God knew that I  needed Andy, and he knew Andy needed me... and trust me... HE WAS WORTH THE WAIT!!!
And I got some pretty awesome in-laws too! :)

I saw this on pinterest, and loved it!


Well said Mr. Marley.

I love you honey and am so thankful for you!!
xoxo



What are you thankful for today??


2 comments:

  1. Awwwwwwwww what a sweet post! He's a lucky man!

    Hope you have a great day!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, girl! We basically got most of our fighting out of the way before we got married, but it was good, because it allowed us to learn about each other. At first it seemed we fought because we loved each other so much that we were afraid of it and tried to push each other away. Then once we promised ourselves to each other we fought less and less. Getting our finances in order was another cause of animosity, but we began budgeting early on, so that by the time we were engaged- all was in order. I was very happy that we worked as many kinks out as we could pre-marriage, and since then it has only gotten better and better! We honestly both had to put our stubbornness aside, and realized that communication and compromise are the key. Don't ever let your mind overrule your heart. Your heart wants to love your husband and for him to love you, but your brain likes to be selfish and "right". There is no right or wrong in a relationship (outside of infidelity or abuse), so work together as a team!
    Um...excuse my rambling! Hope this makes sense ;)

    ReplyDelete