Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Exciting things ahead...

First off..... 

 Muy Feliz' cumplaños para Andy's abuela!!

Te Amo'!

It has been a few crazy weeks... so I'll just get right to it...
The college I work at had a re-orginization recently. After it was all said and done, our campus had to let go 12 people.... it was rough. I have never worked in a place with lay off's before, so it was shocking... then a week later the president of the school quit, then just 2 days ago our director of admissions (and one of my dear friends) announced she was transferring to our Charleston campus. While I'm so thrilled for her that she will be closer to her honey, I'm sad for us :(  She has been a great friend, an amazing boss and someone Andy and I have both learned to love. Even tho she is going to be only 2 1/2 hours away... we will still miss her! We love you Sparkle! :) (that's what Andy always calls her... and she calls him chico-stick-leg.... the first time she met him was a few weeks after his surgery so he had his leg all wrapped up.

Because of the re-organization... a friend of mine got a promotion, which is awesome and she is already excelling at... and a new position in Student Services opened up... so I applied for it. It will be a promotion, and it will be such a blessing if I do get it... it's more of the administrative assistant side of things which I feel so comfortable about... and I would be working with a GREAT group of girls!
So... stay tuned... I should hear soon!

Another thing that is crazy... since we have moved in our stove/oven has not worked correctly... so I called the housing line this morning and they have already sent a guy out to look at it... AND they are replacing it TOMORROW!


(no, I am not getting this oven... although I would LOVE it!)

So... praise the Lord I can make a pan of chicken without having crispy burnt edges and uncooked meat on the inside! I'm so happy. But how cool is it that they are sending someone SO soon, and are replacing it SO fast?! On post housing is turning out to be way better than I ever imagined!

It's the little things people, it's the little things.

I had to share this super cute picture of my 2 loves....

They were arguing about who got to cuddle with me first.
kidding.


That's all for now... exciting stuff in the Rodriguez house!

1 comment:

  1. Just found your blog so I don't know all the details, but CONGRATS! That must feel GREAT! :)

    ReplyDelete