Monday, March 26, 2012

4 Hours...

Weird title for a Monday post right? well... 4 hours is how much sleep I got last night.
Now, I'm the type of girl that needs at least 8 hours... or else forget it! I am worthless.
Well... when Andy's sgt texted him Saturday morning at 7 am telling him he had duty from 9 am on Sunday to 9 am on Monday.... I was sad. Sad that I wouldn't get to hang out with him on one of our two days off together... and sad because I knew my sleep would be AWFUL. and I was right.

So... I'm not going to do a "what a wonderful weekend post".. because it wasn't. I am thankful for the time that I DID get to spend with him, but I feel like I worked all weekend! Saturday we did relax a little bit, so that was nice... but the day just flew by... and then Sunday I was doing house work, laundry, cooking for Andy, taking Daisy to the dog park, giving Daisy a bath, and then another bath... and then finally sitting down to relax at 8pm! I was SO exhausted so I thought for sure that I'd sleep like a rock... but nope, I tossed and turned and tossed and turned... it was awful! I texted Andy around 2:30 saying I couldn't sleep :( He said "just close your eyes love and picture me next to you and you will be able to sleep".
He's amazing. He knows just what to say. After that I slept a little bit... but then was up bright and early at 5:30 so I could go give him a kiss before I went to work.

Here's a few pictures from our weekend...
She took a "nose dive" in the mud. A few times. My black dog turned brown!  
Driving home... (after the 1st bath at the dog park water spicket)

After her 2nd bath... all curled up and sleeping like a little angel!

I fried about 40 Taquitos for our friends and for Andy and a few of the guys who were at the Barracks. They were a hit! These usually are :)


Remember how I told you how amazing he is??

I don't LOVE the design of our "I love you" board... I want to go print off the one from my blogger friend Sarah's blog... To see her ADORABLE ones click HERE  ... since our bathroom is lime green and white... I think I'm going to do THIS one. Actually... I might do that tonight... I keep forgetting we have a color printer :) lol.

Andy just texted me, he's home safe and sound. Now hurry up 5:00 so I can see my honey!

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

  1. I hate "duty". So stupid most of the time. As if we don't already lose enough time with our soldiers!! Where do you work? I need to figure out a "big girl" job eventually...bleh.

    ReplyDelete