Tuesday, March 13, 2012

3 Special People!

This post is all about these 3 people below....

My mom, my brother and my dad.

Today is my brother's 30th Birthday!!! And it's my parents 19th wedding anniversary!!!

Side note:
Sounds silly if you don't know me so here's the quick version of my life... I've had the privilage of having 2 different dads... the one who helped give me life (Randy), and my "bonus dad" (we don't say step in our family) who has been my dad for 19 years. My first dad passed away when I was 7, and my mom was re-married when I was 8... the adorable thing is that the man that she married after my first dad passed was her high school sweetheart!
So, when you hear me talk about my dad...it's the man pictured above :) He's my daddy!
(when I talk about my first dad, I ususally say "my first dad"...)

So... let's start with the birthday boy since he came first....


My brother has always been there for me, even a thousand miles away he's still there when I need him... we don't talk a ton because he's SUPER busy, but he knows and I know that he's there for me no matter what! Any time I need him. :)  I am SO SO thankful for his wife Jade, because Jade and I talk on a regular basis and if he didn't have her, I'm not sure I'd ever know what was going on in his life! ha! Jade is such a blessing to our family, and we adore her!

Back to JD... here are some of my absolute favorite pictures that I thought I'd share...

"I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always... as long as I'm living my baby you'll be"
My mom used to read that book to us, and this picture just reminds me of that book so much. I can almost hear her reading it to him now :)

My dad and JD waiting to catch the shuttle to Disneyland.

He's a great supporter of his siblings... here they were watching our little brother's lacrosse game.

This was at JD and Jade's wedding.

This was during our visit to San Diego. 
JD flew in for the weekend, they were doing some training in Idaho.

I love this picture... that is JD's plane and that's my 2 brothers and my dad walking towards it. :)

The 4 of us this last Christmas in Arizona.

JD with his little boy Jackson

He's a GREAT daddy!!

Some of my favorite guys!
My husband Andy, my dad, my 2 brothers Nate and JD and my little nephew Jack.

My favorite little family! They are so adorable :)

:)

This was when JD came home from Afghanistan and met Jack for the first time

This was taken while they were deployed.

JD ~
I hope your birthday is super special! Enjoy your day with Jade and Jack, and know that we are thinking of you and missing you!
Love you!


Now onto the love birds.... :)


This was during our Disneyland trip.

Christmas 2011 in Arizona.

Us at my SIL's wedding.
 
They were right beside me on the best day of my life!


Mom and Dad ~

Happy 19 years!
Thank you for being a great example of what unconditional love looks like, for always supporting me in anything I do, for showing me how to really love someone, for raising us kids... even when it seemed impossible, for always helping us out any way you could, for always lending an ear to hear about our frustrations, or our excitment... or a shoulder to cry on. Thank you for all those times you told us we can be or do anything we wanted to,  for never giving up on us, and for helping us accomplish our dreams and goals.

Happy Anniversary to you... I love you both so much!
~ Ranz

3 comments:

  1. SO sweet! What an amazing day for your amazing family :) They sound wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this post! My husband is Air Force and seeing the pics of your brother and his family really touched my heart. And kudos to your parents for 19 years - wonderful accomplishment:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really cool. Thanks Randi!

    ReplyDelete