Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Day 2....

I figured I would try and update this every day or every few days with the latest info... that way whoever is praying for us can have specific things to pray for...

Last night I broke down. I guess you could say all of this kind of hit me...
Am I going to be able to have kids, will we have to adopt, how will the adoption process go, will this be cancerous, what do we do if it is cancerous, why is this happening to me? I am so extremely happy right now why did this have to come up... 

All this was going through my head and I just had a moment of weakness. Thankfully it was after I got home and Andy was able to just hold me and let me cry. I have to tell you, I am one lucky lady to be married to such an amazing man! He was on top of things last night, making sure I was comfortable and not in pain, taking care of Daisy, helping in the kitchen... I just honestly don't know how I got so lucky? I don't think I even lifted a finger last night! (which the Dr will be happy about since I'm not suppose to be lifting things...)

And then I snapped back to my normal self... stay positive I kept telling myself... this will be what it will be. It's just a tumor that they are going to remove, and if they have to take the ovary, well then thank goodness there are 2! The cup is always half full in my eyes... the grass isn't greener on the other side, you have to water it and take care of it and it will be even better wherever you are at! 

Now onto the update on the pain... last night I had to take a Norco because I just felt crampy and like a knife was sticking in me... it wasn't off the charts pain, but it just didn't feel right. So I took some medicine, snuggled with my hubby and fell asleep to a TV show. I slept great! I woke up with no pain what-so-ever! Today I've felt good too! I walked a little bit at work to get the mail and that didn't feel great, but wasn't bad. I am working 11 hours today to try and make up for missing Monday so ask me in 7 hours when I get to go home how I'm feeling! ha! I really don't think it will be that bad tho... 
I'm convinced that yesterday I was in pain because all the poking and prodding they did Monday and yesterday morning at the doctor's.  

This morning I called the TriCare office to check the status of my referral to the GI Doctor and had to leave a voicemail, so I will be calling them in a few hours if I haven't heard anything. I'm really anxious to get that appointment scheduled and done. 
Andy's Sargent told him that they will work with him as far as my appointments... if I have an appointment, he just has to let them know and he'll be able to come. I am SO thankful for that! I do not like going to these alone! no thank you!

I have to tell you... I'm very touched by how many people are emailing, facebooking, texting and calling.. It just reminds me how wonderful our family and friends are and how much support we have and how we aren't going through this alone! So thank you to all of you! We appreciate it more than you could imaging and love you all very much!! 

Have a great Wednesday!!  

1 comment:

  1. Holy smokes, girl!!! I am praying for you. Please keep updating as much as you can - ah, I wish I was close to you so I could help!!!

    ReplyDelete