Thursday, July 21, 2011

Home Decor...

Lately I feel like our apartment isn't very "homey"... don't get me wrong, it definitely has that lived in feel... but it just doesn't feel cute to me. For those that know me, you know my love is in decorating... I would be an interior designer if I had the time and patience, but when it comes to our home... I just don't know what to do!
I do love that what it is decorated with is from our wedding! We used alot of our centerpieces and wedding decor to spice up our home... but it just looks like a bunch of random stuff placed everywhere.
I guess it's mainly our bedroom and the living room... I love the kitchen, quite honestly it looks like an antique store and I LOVE that... and I love our office... it's the Americana look... but when it comes to our bedroom, the living room and the guest room... it's just blah! In the guest room and our bedroom we have beautiful bedding... and I feel like it's going to waste because there's nothing to go along with it! It's like having a cute new top but rugged jeans... it's just not right!

So... I've been on pinterest.com (ADDICTING SITE by the way...) and I've found some looks that I love. The only thing is... the 1 store that has everything that I need... is forever away!! Ok, it's really only about 45 minutes from my work... but about an hour and half from our house!
If you guessed it... you guessed right....

Hobby Lobby to me... is like the golden arches to a McDonalds lover! I am OBSESSED with that store...
Saturday after work my hubby and I were going to go to a few craft stores in Savannah, but I might just bite the bullett and say "honey... let's take a drive!"
By the way... This is the SOUTH... Sweet Tea, Fried Pork Chops, and Hobby Lobby was suppose to be on every corner! Not a road trip away!

Anyways... here are some decoration ideas that I am drooling over.... If we actually make the trek to Hob Lob this weekend, I'll take some before and after pictures... because if you know me, you'll know that once I buy those decorations... they will be up in my house in a matter of minutes!


This is going above our bed... I adore this!!! Ours wont be blue and black tho... our bedroom is white, brown, and a khaki color... so I'm still trying to decide what color ours will be... any ideas???


This is actually kinda what our bedding looks like.... maybe we could throw a blue in there?


Love this also...


This just looks so welcoming!!


I love this chalk board look!!

So there you go... that's what I love... I think we'll go to HL and see what they have to offer. You just can't beat their sales... and their adorable stuff!!

We have a blank wall in our living room... it has a big clock on it, but it's just missing something... so we'll see what I can find for that... and for our wall that our TV is on... right now it just has a random picture and that sticks out like a sore thumb. ugh. Email me if you have ideas or pictures or thoughts...
I'm have decorators block.

Tomorrow... TGIF... and my brother gets home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment