Friday, June 3, 2011

change is a good thing...

Let's face it... in the last 4 1/2 months I've had about every change one person can have... I quit my job, I got married, I became an Army Wife,  I moved across the country,  I changed career paths, we got a dog... there's probably more I just cant remember them... and don't get me wrong... they all have been WONDERFUL!! I wouldn't change anything.... which is why I'm not very nervous about this next change that's about to happen....

I got a new job.

Surprised? I was... especially when I told the lady that I wanted it! I will be a receptionist for Virginia College in Savannah... it's about 40 minutes to get to work, but it will be worth the drive. 
I've been at the bank for about 5 weeks now... and I just haven't had that "ok" feeling... like, I go to work because it's a job and let's face it... I enjoy a paycheck... but I just am not passionate about what I do. It's not my idea of a fun job... and I am not the type to do something that I hate. I just can't. I am not a faker, and everyday at work I feel like I'm trying to make myself enjoy something that I just don't enjoy.

So... Andy's Sargent told him about this job at VA College and gave me the name of the lady to contact... I emailed her my resume' and she called me 2 days later to come in to meet with her. So I went to meet with her, and 3 hours later... I left. I met with her, the president of the college, and a whole bunch of the employees... in the 3 hours I was there, they had a going away party for a lady who had only been there for 3 months, they invited me to join in with them, they gave me a tour... and let me tell you, it's a state of the art facility! The college offers cosmotology, culinary arts, medical assistant, pharmacy tech, and 1 other program that I can't remember right now... 
The great thing is... the hours are Monday - Friday and Saturday once in a while, with holidays OFF! At the bank, they are only closed on Thanksgiving and Christmas since they are inside the PX, and they pretty much told me I had no chance of being off for Christmas. 
I do wish it was a little closer to home... but it will be worth it to have holidays and weekends off. 

So, there you have it... it was a hard decision only because I'm not the type to work at a place for 5 weeks and then quit... but I have to put my family first... and I have to do what is best for us... and odd hours, crazy schedule and no holidays off is just not what's best for us. 

And here's the wonderful news.... 1 week from today we will be in DISNEY WORLD!!!!! Finally I am getting to go to the magical place!! 

Have a great weekend everyone! 

1 comment: