Tuesday, May 31, 2011

And then there were 3....

We have a new family member! Her name is Daisy and she is absolutely precious! She is a Lab Retriever/English Bull dog mix... and she is an angel! She's so relaxed and fits into our family perfectly! We are already SO attached to this little bundle of joy! 
Leaving her this morning was incredibly hard... but thankfully Andy was able to come home throughout the day to love on her and let her out.... I must say, she is a daddy's girl through and through!! 

Daisy Duke is our little southern bell! Here's how we came across her....
Andy and I were laying in bed on Sunday watching TV and one of those "adopt or give money to these pets" commercial came on... and we were both sucked in... and before he could even give me the "go ahead" I was already pullin the Mac out and looking for a dog! So we came across ARF (animal rescue foundation) and it lead us to a town about 45 minutes away where our little munchkin lived. As soon we we saw her picture we fell in LOVE! So I called the number and left a message, and of course called back later that evening... 
Andy and I went to a movie on Monday and tried to forget about that precious face, and managed to... at least until our phone started ringing! IT WAS THE FOSTER PARENTS!! He asked when we wanted to come out and I asked if right now would work... next thing I knew we were on our way to the ATM and going to pick up our puppy! As soon as we got there, I had to go to the bathroom SO bad... so I did, and I came out to Andy holding and snuggling a little black ball of cuteness! He had a huge smile on his face and put her down and let her run towards me. It was instant love for both Andy and I... and I think Daisy too! 
So now we are complete... our little family of 2 is now a family of 3... for now at least! :) 

I have to tell you... as I type this, my hubby's legs are on my lap, and my puppy's head is on my feet... and I couldn't be happier!! 

Here are a few pictures of our angel!
She loves her chew rings! 

My 2 loves! 

She's so cute! 

don't you love that face?! and those floppy ears! 

Riding home on daddy's lap! 


1 comment:

  1. She is adorable! Congrats on the new addition to the fam bam! :]

    ReplyDelete