Thursday, March 24, 2011

Chicken soup for our soul!

My husband came home today!!! I wanted to make a good meal for him... so I found this Chicken Noodle Soup recipe online and it was DELICIOUS!!! Y'all have to try this! ... and it's super easy!! If I can make it, anyone can!! It was definitely a hit, and we will be enjoying this again some day soon!! :)
Most guys aren't a fan of soup because it's not filling to them, so I added extra chicken and extra noodles and I trippled the veggies in it! The only way I'll eat celery is if it's cooked... and it was SOOOO good!!


This is what the veggies look like when you saute it... I saute'd my carrots with the onion and celery because I don't like crunchy carrots in my soup :)


WAA LAA!!! 

On the side we had Sister Schubert's rolls... oh. my. word. They are heavenly!! I'm already planning on having these at our Thanksgiving dinner! :) 

Here is the recipe for the Chicken Noodle Soup...  enjoy!! 
  • 4 cups chopped, cooked chicken meat
  • 1 cup chopped celery
  • 1/4 cup chopped carrots
  • 1/4 cup chopped onion
  • 1/4 cup butter
  • 8 ounces egg noodles
  • 12 cups water
  • 9 cubes chicken bouillon
  • 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
  • 1 bay leaf
  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley

Directions

In a large stock pot, saute celery and onion in butter or margarine.

Add chicken, carrots, water, bouillon cubes, marjoram, black pepper, bay leaf, and parsley. Simmer for 30 minutes.

Add noodles, and simmer for 10 more minutes.



On a sad note... American Idol didn't record tonight :( Something was wrong with the channel... so if you would be so kind and let me know who got voted off, I would love it! 

Have a great weekend everyone!! I know I will since my hubby is home! 

No comments:

Post a Comment